Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Evangelism, inside and out

One of the lessons I've learned over the past few weeks is that evangelism is not exclusively between believer and non-believer. It also happens within, or on the "inside". Believers evangelise to each other reminding ourselves of God's good news and how he is working among us individually and collectively.

I say this because in many ways I've felt like an evangelist as I speak about my trip to Venezuela. As Dr. Fox's book says, I'm faith sharing. I'm giving testimony to what God is doing there in Venezuela, and how it has impacted me. I may be naive, but each time I share this information with people there is a light that is going off. Particularly as I share about the movement of the Holy Spirit and the passion of the people of God there. In doing so, I know its encouraging for others. It's a reminder that God is at work all over the world and doing great things. It's a reminder that we don't have everything figured out here in America and that a critical self reflection would be good. It's a reminder that God can do amazing things when we loosen our grip and let God be and do.

Our "inside" evangelism is important. This helps us grow and strengthen our faith. I'm beginning to see that evangelism is simply sharing the Good News of God's Kingdom to anyone that helps bring them closer to their own walk in Jesus Christ. Inside or outside. For all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment