Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What a privilege

As I am beginning the reviews on our required reading for the trip, I am sitting here recognizing the great privilege I have to be doing such a thing. The privilege to go to Venezuela/Aruba is beyond question. I am so thankful for the support of my wife to make this an opportunity happen. I also consider it a privilege to be reading what I am reading and to be contemplating evangelism and mission with fellow believers. This is indeed a rare time where I actually have the time, energy, and resources to focus on this one topic.

To be honest, academics (mainly the reading and writing of it all) are not my cup of tea. I'm more of the practical theologian. I prefer to be in action, and so sitting down to read and reflect on a paper demands of me extra attention and effort. With that said, I have been thoroughly enjoying my reading for this trip, and realize that adequate and thoughtful reflection will be very beneficial to me. So I don't take this time and opportunity for granted. May I read well and reflect thoughtfully. And most importantly, may the grace and inspiration of the Holy Spirit dwell within me so that I can apply and use what I learn to serve in proclaiming "your Kingdom come".

Prayer:

Father, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment