I leave in one week for Venezuela, and the excitement/nerves are starting to build. It's starting to set in that this trip will really happen. As I read the required texts for this trip, my understanding of Evangelism continues to expand and I'm excited to discuss these ideas with others going on the trip. I'm nervous about leaving my wife here in Atlanta. Since moving here, we haven't spent a long time away like this. Since we are relatively still new, I know she'll feel a bit lonely during the week. As I get ready this week for the trip, I'm sure it'll continue to settle that it's going to be a great week.
Excited about:
- being in a new country
- seeing Venezuela/Aruba
- experiencing South American Methodism/Christianity
- developing new relationships with the people on the trip
- what God will teach me through this experience
- being a part of the services in Aruba to see God's work in that country
Nervous about:
- some shots that I haven't gotten
- leaving Hannah at home for 10 days
- getting my reading/papers finished before Sunday!
- being in situations that might be uncomfortable
Prayerful about:
- all above
- Winston and his family
- services in Aruba
- the gathering of pastors in Venezuela
No comments:
Post a Comment