I'm excited to be headed to Venezuela later this summer. I'm anticipating a formative trip that teaches me more about the Latino culture and about evangelism in general. Evangelism has never been a strong suit of my faith. No doubt the desire to share the love of Christ burns within me, but I find myself timid when it comes to openly evangelizing. As I get ready for this trip my prayer is for God to open my heart to sharing his Gospel more effectively. I'm excited about seeing a different culture approach evangelism. In my previous experiences with the Church outside of the US, my lens through which I understand faith and God has been broadened. I am expectant that this will happen with my experience in Venezuela.
Prayer:
Oh God, you've already begun a mighty work within me. I am humbly grateful for your grace that shines within my life. I have been covered and overwhelmed by your mercy and love, and for that I am thankful! I am especially thankful for this opportunity to experience your Church in Aruba and Venezuela. Prepare my heart, mind, and soul for what you have in store for this experience. Open my heart to learn and be moved by your Spirit. May you bless us all as we travel to Venezuela. Bless the Church in Aruba and Venezuela that they would be effective and powerful ambassadors of Your Name. I give you praise and thanks for all you've done, and it's in Jesus name I pray, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment